Tuesday, October 6, 2009

aquaphobia

25 laps later, the pool water is still so subtle and gentle. However, i realise that something did not change for the past 17 years. Aquaphobia, no kidding!

things happened aeons ago, okay, 17 years ago, if im not mistaken. i was so small back then. we used to have a pool in the house compound. i was a 'water boy', i'd eat my meals in the bath tub and pool. Whenever it's hot, i'll end up in the pool. But, BUT, i didn't know how to swim back then. i would not submerge myself under the water.

So, one day, during lunch time, i jumped into the pool. Nobody was beside me. i did not know that someone added more water into the pool. The water level was over my head. i had a hard time... not to swim or get myself out of the pool. I had a HARD time to shout for help. they thought that i was fooling, but i wasn't. if they're a minute late, i'd probably had drowned.

when i was 12, they sent me to learn how to swim. i tried to persuade myself to stay calm whenever i'm in the deep area. you wouldn't know how hard was the anxious me struggling.

17 years later, i thought i had conquered the fear. but, there's still a little bit of aquaphobia in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment